Sunglasses are definitely a fashion accessory. But more than that they are mandatory for protection against sun. Their main function is to protect your eyes against the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. Moreover, your eyes might be sensitive to glare and brightness. Sunglasses can serve as a very important accessory in such situations as well since they cut down this penetrating glare and brightness. As a consequence, you would not only have an improved visual performance but you would feel comfortable as well. Also, most people are generally unaware of the fact that wearing sunglasses regularly could slow down your cataracts.
This means that sunglasses aren’t merely a fashion accessory but a NECESSITY. However, this also doesn’t imply that you have to compromise fashion along the way. Rather, it is important that you find a pair of sunglasses which are comfortable and fit your perfectly; because an ill-fitting glasses would pave way for UV rays to seep into the skin around your eyes. Choosing the right sunglasses has got to do a lot with your face shape. Primarily you have to identify what your individual face shape is and then find a pair of sun glasses which complement your face shape so that they fit perfectly and look well on you.
Hereby, we have aggregated certain tips that would help you in picking out your best sunglasses for round faces. Before moving on to these tips you need to be acquainted with the 7 broad categories into which face shapes have been classified.
Type of Face Shapes:
- Base-down triangle
Each of these shapes has its own peculiarities, advantages and short comings; however generally oval faces are considered to be the well-proportioned, while round faces are the most daunting ones. This article will be focusing on sunglasses for round faces, however some guidelines for other face shapes would also be given.
Choosing Best Sunglasses for Round Faces:
- Your first consideration while choosing sunglasses for yourself should be that you have to make your face appear thinner.
- This can be done by choosing a frame which has a well-defined bridge.
- Frames with well-defined bridges not only make your face appear thinner but they also widen your eyes.
- People with round faces should not go for round frames, rather they ought to choose a frame with a contrasting shape such as square or rectangle.
- You may also go for angular or straight frames having soft edges so that the angles of your face are defined well.
- You may also opt for sunglasses having a double brow bar. Such frames can add an illusion of length to your face.
- Also, frames that are wide and bulky can make your face appear thinner in contrast.
- There are many celebrities who have a round face such as Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus etc. Observe their fashion trends and see how they carry off their sun glasses.
Sunglasses for Other Shapes:
- Oval faces are very versatile and can sport all sorts of frames since they have very balanced proportions. However, it is recommended that you go for frames which are as wide as the widest part of your face.
- Square-shaped faces generally have a really strong jawline. They should opt for frames which are a tad curvy so that it contrasts with their face shape. Such frames would also play an effective role in minimizing their jawline. Narrow frames can also be a viable option for such a face shape. Classic oval, round or cat-eyed, curvy glasses all complement square faces.
- Triangular and heart-shaped faces are almost similar to one another. These face shapes generally come with a wide forehead conjugated with a narrow chin. Angular frames or sunglasses with aviator frames generally look good on such face shapes. Your primary goal while choosing the right frame for yourself should be to accentuate your eyes so that the sharpness of your jaw can be minimized.
- Base-down triangle faces are opposite to the heart shaped faces. These face shapes come with a narrow forehead conjugated with a wide chin. So the frame which you would be looking for must aim to widen up your forehead while at the same time narrow down your chin. Wide, cat-eyed frames would create an illusion of a wide forehead and would also widen up your eyes. Likewise lots of detailing on the frame would divert attention away from the lower part of your face.
If these tips and guidelines are paid heed to while selecting sunglasses for yourself, then you are sure to end up with your perfect match which shields you from sun, provides you comfort, makes you feel at home and gives you the airs of a celebrity by enhancing the advantages of your particular face shape, for instance a round shape, and by masking its disadvantages.